[SOLVED] AutoIt on Linux

I cant get abbreviations to work under maverick (Ubuntu 10.10).

# Import the seperate au3.keywords.Abbreviations.properties file containing Abbreviation keywords supplied by Mhz
import properties/au3.keywords.abbreviations

The abbreviations show up, ie "bin" & "setupgui" etc, but when I press the space-bar, I get nothing :)

I've gotten everything else to work but that...

Also, how do I get the text to look more like it would in windows?

Posted Image

Edited by System238

For some reason the help command will not spawn the Autoithelp.exe file when I click on it. any one know why?

Posted Image

Everything works great, even syntax checking which was my main goal. but the help file doesn't work when launched.

And I also get the "fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!" error when I launch autoit from the ubuntu version of scite.

Edit: The error "fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!" is not actually an autoit related error as I thought.

Turns out thats an error thrown out by the wine environment, which means that a dll wasn't located during runtime.

Its just a matter of throwing in the missing dll.

Edit: screw that, I just installed autoit and scite4autoit into wine and it works fine.

Posted Image

Some complex scripts that make calls to many different dlls might not work, although, wines docs say I should try adding the dll myself.

This is better than firing up vbox just to test a script I found on the forum. This is great since scripting stuff is now a'lot faster this way and

after completing a script, I can just fire up vbox and test the script in xp,vista or win7.

Although, I still do have one problem, now when I try to initiate nautilus to open a directory via "Places" on the menu bar above in any of the images,

scite opens the directory as if it were a file.

Edit: fixed it, problem was that I opened a directory via "open with" in context menu, I just had to point directory files back at nautilus.

Edit: After some more testing, I'm finding that scripts that load large amounts of data to memory fail to respond. I still remember when AutoIt wouldn't work under wine not to long ago.

inb4 some one posts a link to an outdated thread about AutoIt on wine.

Wine updates at a furious speed.

Edited by System238