IE.au3 (1940) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object"

I get this error often, but not always. How can I stop the program from crashing because of it?

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (1940) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:
Return SetError($_IEStatus_Success, 0, $o_object.document.body.innerHTML)
Return SetError($_IEStatus_Success, 0, $o_object.document.body^ ERROR

I think this happens when I request the HTML (_IEBodyReadHTML($oIE)) but the current page request hasn't completed or something. Basically I have a While running until I find something I need in the source code. And I don't want any unnecessary Sleep()'s in my code. I do have _IELoadWait($oIE) after every new page, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Have you looked at _IEErrorHandlerRegister()?

Sorry, I'm new at this. In the manual it just says "Register and enable a user COM error handler" for _IEErrorHandlerRegister. Thats just jibberish to me :unsure:

Do you know of any examples where this is being used?

The example in the helpfile isn't enough? Do a search on the forum, it's used everywhere so there's no lack of examples. Also lookup "Obj/COM Reference" and ObjEvent() in helpfile so you know what this is about.

The example in the helpfile isn't enough? Do a search on the forum, it's used everywhere so there's no lack of examples. Also lookup "Obj/COM Reference" and ObjEvent() in helpfile so you know what this is about.

Ah, turns out I was looking at an outdated manual with no info at all. Thanks.