key sequence repetition

While at home I have a g15 keyboard which allows very easily to remap one the the G keys to a sequence of characters so I can just hit the the key to type any amount of characters(home/end/a-z/0-9/ect..)

However lately I've been on the road and thus using my standard laptop keyboard. I've been looking for some way to use autoit to essentially replicate the G key function

Basic layout would be hit a hotkey to record the keystrokes then hit the same hotkey to finish recording. Then, using a different hotkey, have it repeat out all the keys that were recorded.

Unless there is an easier way (I'm not as knowledgeable as i would like with autoit), would the easiest way to implement this be 2 functions (one to toggle recording and one to repeat recorded keys), global array to hold keys, and 100ish _isPressed statements that redim the array to one size bigger and save the pressed key into the array's last slot. Then when repeating the keys, have a while loop send each key in order then redim to array 1 slot again.

I apologize if this gets misconstrued as a malicious keylogging post..since my intentions are strictly for personal use...mostly for coding that tends to get repetative and making minor alterations to large amounts of data.

• Developers

I apologize if this gets misconstrued as a malicious keylogging post..since my intentions are strictly for personal use...mostly for coding that tends to get repetative and making minor alterations to large amounts of data.

It is still a keylogger and not to be discussed here.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)