Context menu is different

Hi,

I just reinstalled AutoIT on a fresh Win7 x64 system. I used to have a nice context menu item that would let me right click on a script and compile it for x64, after this re-install, it shows an option to compile the script for x86, but not x64.

It's not the end of the world, but I would like to have the old functionality. Can anyone explain how I might fix this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I just reinstalled AutoIT on a fresh Win7 x64 system. I used to have a nice context menu item that would let me right click on a script and compile it for x64, after this re-install, it shows an option to compile the script for x86, but not x64.

It's not the end of the world, but I would like to have the old functionality. Can anyone explain how I might fix this?

Thanks.

I don't know about the installation but you can add items to the context menu like this

$KeyName = "myNewAction1"; some unique key name 
$ContextMenuName = "compile au3 script x64" ;what you want to appear in the context menu
$ProgramToRun = $FullPathToSomething
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName & "\command", '', 'REG_SZ', '"' & $ProgramToRun & '" "%1"'); to passes file full path of the icon you right clicked on to program
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName, '', 'REG_SZ', $ContextMenuName)
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I don't know about the installation but you can add items to the context menu like this

$KeyName = "myNewAction1"; some unique key name 
$ContextMenuName = "compile au3 script x64" ;what you want to appear in the context menu
$ProgramToRun = $FullPathToSomething
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName & "\command", '', 'REG_SZ', '"' & $ProgramToRun & '" "%1"'); to passes file full path of the icon you right clicked on to program
RegWrite("HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\" & $KeyName, '', 'REG_SZ', $ContextMenuName)

Thanks for the reply, I solved the problem by editing the registry. If anyone else runs into this problem, the relevant registry keys are in: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell

Cheers!