Question setting Default Printer (winspool.drv)

Hello,

We have used the code below at work to set default printers and it seems to work great.

Our boss is asking if this writes to the registry. Outside of using a process monitor to watch the registry I can't think of any way to determine for sure.

I'm guessing that it does indirectly.

Is anyone familiar with this function or have suggestions on where I should start?

Thanks for any help,

John

Func _WinAPI_SetDefaultPrinter($sPrinter)

Local $aResult = DllCall("winspool.drv", "bool", "SetDefaultPrinterW", "wstr", $sPrinter)

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)

Return $aResult[0]

EndFunc

Hello,

We have used the code below at work to set default printers and it seems to work great.

Our boss is asking if this writes to the registry. Outside of using a process monitor to watch the registry I can't think of any way to determine for sure.

I'm guessing that it does indirectly.

Is anyone familiar with this function or have suggestions on where I should start?

Thanks for any help,

John

Func _WinAPI_SetDefaultPrinter($sPrinter)

Local $aResult = DllCall("winspool.drv", "bool", "SetDefaultPrinterW", "wstr", $sPrinter)

If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, False)

Return $aResult[0]

EndFunc

It sets the registry key "device" found at

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.