Frustrating! Cannot click tags <a> and <input> that have an onclick

Hi,

I'm having problems clicking two elements on the following html page.

I've tried linkclicks and formsubmit and read the posts saying use _IEAction - I can't seem to get any of them to work.

I'm having to resort to using send with tabs and enter which breaks quite easily and is really inappropriate for the task at hand...

Can anyone spot what I'm doing wrong?

<form method="post" action="/addfriend.php?id=1592841959&amp;hf=friend_other" onsubmit="return Event.__inlineSubmit(this,event)">
<input type="hidden" autocomplete="off" id="post_form_id" name="post_form_id" value="82f51aa55cbff4b198d4b5ec4ed4ad43" />
<div id="addMsg"><p>
<a href="#" onclick="show('addMsgBox'); hide('addMsg'); return false; ">[ Add a message ]</a>
</p></div>
<div id="addMsgBox" style="display:none; margin-left: 10px;">
<div class="add_personal_message" style="margin-bottom: 4px;">
Add a message:&nbsp;
<a href="#" onclick="hide('addMsgBox'); show('addMsg'); return false;">Cancel</a>
</div>
<textarea onkeyup="textLimit('message',255,'message_msg');" id="message" name="message" class="textarea" cols="30" rows="3" style="width: 250px;" onfocus="" onblur=""></textarea>
<br/><span id="message_msg" style="display: none;"><small>Keep it under 255 characters.</small></span></div>
</div>
<div class="buttonbox">
<input type="submit" class="inputsubmit" onclick="var w = add_to_friend_list_widget.dict[&quot;1592841959&quot;];var d = w.get_form_data();for(k in d) { var i = document.createElement('input');i.type=&quot;hidden&quot;;i.name=k;i.value=d[k];this.form.appendChild(i);};return true;" id="add" name="add" value="Add Friend" />&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input type="button" class="inputbutton inputaux" onclick="history.go(-1);return true" id="cancel" name="cancel" value="Cancel" />
</div>
</form>

My current Autoit code which is not working:

$add_btn = _IEGetObjById($ie, 'add')
_IEAction($add_btn, "click") ;does not work

$colTags = _IETagNameGetCollection($ie, "input")
For $oTag In $colTags
  If StringInStr($oTag.value,"Add Friend") Then
    $hwnd = _IEPropertyGet($ie, "hwnd")
    _IEAction($oTag, "focus")
    ControlSend($hwnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server;INSTANCE:1]", "{Enter}") ;does not work

_IEAction($oTag, "click") ;does not work

ExitLoop
  EndIf
Next

$id = _IEGetObjByName($ie, 'message')
_IEFormElementSetValue($id, $message) ;works

Hi Chris

I had tried that as well - the result was the same - the elements are not selected or clicked... :)

There is something untoward - as I have never had any problems with other onclick statements before... the _IEAction has always worked - whether it was through using a collection of tags or collection of forms/elements... I'm not sure why there is a problem this time.

Hi

Thanks for the suggestions. Using $element.FireEvent("onclick") does nothing like the alternatives I've tried above.

I can't execute the java directly (or can I) given it comprises:

<input type="submit" class="inputsubmit" onclick="var w = add_to_friend_list_widget.dict[&quot;1592841959&quot;];var d = w.get_form_data();for(k in d) { var i = document.createElement('input');i.type=&quot;hidden&quot;;i.name=k;i.value=d[k];this.form.appendChild(i);};return true;" id="add" name="add" value="Add Friend" />&nbsp;&nbsp;

If you are using IE9, might be the explanation.

Use my _SetIE8() function in that post and try it again. :)

That worked - thank you very very much!!!

I have been on this one problem for 3 days - and I can't believe it's such a simple fix! Once again thank you v much.