_ArrayToXLS() - save 1D/2D array to XLS without installed Excel

Zedna

Data truncated to 255 characters with Excel ODBC driver

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/189897/en-us

Thanks.

This explains problem with truncating values larger than 255 chars I discovered when testing this my UDF for creating XLS file.

So problem is not in my UDF but in Excel itself.

Edited by Zedna

nice function! Thanks Zedna.
would be also very nice a companion function _XLSToArray() able to read data from Excel to an array (even if just raw data, not formula results of course...)

p.s.
I know that the great Excel UDF can do the job, but a lightweight function that has no need of Excel installed could be very practical sometime.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

• 3 months later...

Just grabbed this today for a project, the UDF works however for me its dumping like 12 testxxx.xls files along with my result file and opening excel up.  I have no idea what that is about its like digging up old excel files from the past that had "test" as part of the file name.  Happens every time I run it.

First time I ran it I used "test.xls" as my file name so figured that is why, changed it to something totally different and it still dumps the 12 or so files with "test" in the file name.  Including files I deleted ages ago.

Just grabbed this today for a project, the UDF works however for me its dumping like 12 testxxx.xls files along with my result file and opening excel up.

In example in my first post there is not only declaration of that function but also testing script at top of my code that calls _ArrayToXLS() 12 times and generates 12 XLS files and finally open it by calling ShellExecute().

So just comment/remove these calls in your script.

It's there only as example for people to see how to use it ...

Edited by Zedna

• 1 year later...