Send keys before window closes

So here's the deal... we use Microsoft Office Communicator at my company (basically a corporate IM client) and there is an option to automatically save all conversations to your Outlook. However, we have a group policy that blocks that option from being checked. We're still allowed to save the conversations but we just have to do it manually by clicking File -> Save Conversation. Why we're allowed to save manually but not use the auto-save feature is beyond me... its politics... whatever. Anyway, how hard would it be to have a little application running in the background that would detect each time a Communicator chat window closes and before it closes, automatically send Ctrl + S which is the shortcut key to save the convo? The chat window always has the same window title so that wouldnt be an issue. The question is how to "catch" a window closing and perform an action before it closes?

I'm not sure you can catch a closing window unless you are the one closing the window, then it is possible. If you're going to close the window you'd do something like detecting _IsPressed("whatever the hex for scroll lock is") then sending a Control+S to the Window then sending an Alt+F4.

Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF