unable to run files

saiyan

HI guys,

i am new to autoit that prolly why i look for answers here :mellow: i have readed the help files but cant find a solution.

i need run each day 2 scripts from avaya software. this scripts run in background and creating reports from their database and have extension ".acsauto" and here is mine issue :) i can run then wth Run() , even windows task manager gives me an errorthat this is a non wndows program ... but i can normaly run them with double click...

do someone have a solution ?

thanks

Hi and Welcome to the forums!

Don't another app open the files when you double-click them? You know, like when you double-click a txt file and runs Notepad, not the txt, You doesn't want Run(), you want ShellExecute().

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

hi,

it not opens any programs it is a script to bypass the main program and grab the data from DB directly without that i need to log , make a query etc.

normal in windows i can just double click and it runs in background.

i try still in VBA this:

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\Users\***\Desktop\call data\Export Data Bra data.acsauto", NewWindow:=True

this works but i get a error window with "some files can harm your computer" ..

hi this i mine VBA that works now :

Sub Avaya_report_Bra()

Shell ("C:\Program Files\Avaya\CMS Supervisor R16\ACScript.exe C:\Users\****\Desktop\call data\Export Data Bra data.acsauto /AUTO")

Exit Sub

End Sub

this is executing all not ut i would like to have it in auto it and i tried shellexecute() but not working ...