AutoItX and C

Hay I am geveloping a Lan Controller for my school and I everything almost done execpt now i need to have the AutoItX to be included in the project so i can use the functions. In the project i have the .lib included and in the code itself i have included AutoIt3.h and i have the .dll in the development directory. But whenever i try to run a command i get a link error, undefined refference. I was wondering if someone has done this in C i would like to know how you did it. I was unable to find anything that show how/what to include to make it work, so if you guys could post some sample code or point me to the right tutorial i would be very glad.

DarkNecromancer

Edited by DarkNecromancer

ok, i brought this problem to a programmer i know and he said that he thought that the lib file i was trying to include was incorrect and pointed me to this site to build a new one. So i did all that and i added @16 to all the functions. But now when i try to compile it says:

Info: resolving _AU3_WinGetTitle@16 by linking to __imp__AU3_WinGetTitle@16 (auto-import)

fu000001.o:: undefined reference to `libautoitx_a_iname'

nmth000000.o:: undefined reference to `_nm__AU3_WinGetTitle@16'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I havn't had time to sit down with him again but i was wondering if you guys had any ideas

DarkNecromancer

Edited by DarkNecromancer

As far as i can tell, its a problem with trying to create the header file for the mingw compiler. Cause dev doesn't recognize teh provide one and when i create the .a file with pexport to grab them, i recive those errors above.

so could someone make a header for the mingw compiler?

AHHHH SOINEWFOGIENGOIEGHEOIGENG, i was working with my friend and he did some browsin and suggested i look at reimp and LOW AND BEHOND!! IT CONVERTED THE VISUAL STUDIO LIB FILE TO A MINGW .a FILE!!! AHAHAHDIODWAIDWN and it just works :), i think we should make this known somewhere for anyone not using visual studio, casue this was a pain to figure out

AHHHH SOINEWFOGIENGOIEGHEOIGENG, i was working with my friend and he did some browsin and suggested i look at reimp and LOW AND BEHOND!! IT CONVERTED THE VISUAL STUDIO LIB FILE TO A MINGW .a FILE!!! AHAHAHDIODWAIDWN and it just works :), i think we should make this known somewhere for anyone not using visual studio, casue this was a pain to figure out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet your compiler/linker documentation states something along the lines that libraries need converted to a specific format. That seems like one of those really important pieces of information documentation should tell somebody.

Yeah, iv been having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM... accept i havent a clue where your getting a .a file from... all i find is .lib .h .cpp .dsp .dsw and a .opt ... i have pulled my hair out already hunting for the answer... i finally gave up after a week of searching and getting the run around... i found out how to link in dev... but somethings still not going right and no one seems to have a clue...

Ooo Ëxçã¿îbúr ooO"Information Is Not Knowledge." ~Albert Einstein