Can't figure out how to execute this command in AutoIT.

nettech27

I'm new to AutoIT and new to scripting so bare with me...I'm trying to write the results to a log file from running a setup.exe. My batch script works but I don't know how to take the same commands and run it in AutoIT. Is there anyone who can help me or point me in the right direction?

Here's my batch script:

rem @echo off

computername > "\\Myshare\Altiris\Logs\%computername%.log"

start "Altiris Agent Uninstall" /MIN /wait "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe" /clean >> "\\Myshare\Altiris\Logs\uninstall_%computername%.log"

echo Altiris Agent Uninstalled on %computername% >> "\\Myshare\Altiris\Logs\uninstall_%computername%.log"

start "Altiris Agent Install" /MIN /wait "\\Myshare\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe" /install /ns=cms01.good.org /s >>

"\\Myshare\Altiris\Logs\re-installed_%computername%.log"

echo Altiris Agent installed on %computername% >> "\\Myshare\Altiris\Logs\%computername%.log"

Here's what I'm trying to do in AutoIT:

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Stops Altiris Agent Process

If ProcessExists("AeXAgentUIHost.exe") Then

ProcessClose("AeXAgentUIHost.exe")

EndIf

If ProcessExists("AeXNSAgent.exe") Then

ProcessClose("AeXNSAgent.exe")

EndIf

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Uninstalls Altiris SMA

RunWait("start ""Altiris Agent Uninstall""/MIN /wait ""C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AeXAgentUtil.exe"" /clean /li ""\\Myshare\Altiris\uninstall_%computername%.log") - Can't get this part to work...even if I replace with: RunWait("C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\AexAgentUtil.exe"" /clean")

DirRemove("C:\Program Files\Altiris")

; Installs Altiris SMA

RunWait(""\\Myshare\Altiris\AeXNSC.exe" /install /ns=cms01.good.org /s /li ""\\Myshare\Altiris\re-install_%computername%.log") - Can't get the log of the executable file.

; End Script

Exit

_FileWriteLog is probably what you want. You don't even need to create the log file first - it will do that for you. Here's an example:

#include <File.au3>
_FileWriteLog ("Mylog.log", "Step 1: Process Killed - " & @ComputerName)
Edited by sleepydvdr

#include <ByteMe.au3>