Documentation visual style feedback

Valik

The red strings are certainly clearer to read than in the current colour scheme. It was just a consideration that struck me. I'm not qualified to judge the effect, but I know my eyes get tired after several hours looking at a screen. Perhaps the new colours will have the opposite effect. :)

My colors are based mostly on Visual Studio's style. At this point I don't exactly know what Visual Studio's default colors are as I always ensure they match what I'm accustomed to. The main rationale behind the scheme is to make sure everything is visually distinct. You can look at something and know what it is by it's color rather than it's context.

Edited by Valik
Missing letter.

I really like the new style. I liked the first version as well, but the small modification cleaned it up nicely. Thanks for all your work tracexxx (and others) on the style and the docs and the language itself. It's not said enough, and your time and effort is greatly appreciated!!!

I really like the new style. I liked the first version as well, but the small modification cleaned it up nicely. Thanks for all your work tracexxx (and others) on the style and the docs and the language itself. It's not said enough, and your time and effort is greatly appreciated!!!

That's great, thanks.

A proportional excellence of function pages the old beta had is lost now (fucked up is better term). But as long as most people likes it, I'm fine with it.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Mmm, the fog on the code blocks has cleared up somewhat. Still somewhat misty though. Guess I need to up my fonts a bit.

If all code parts are intended to be dressed up with a border. There a some naked ones in the FAQ page.

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

I would like to see the white space before and after sections be reduced by another 40%. You are changing font size and color at each of the boudaries and I don't believe so much white space is required to deliniate the sections.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Removing additional whitespace changes them from a new visual style to little more than a pallet swap of the old style. I actually think we've almost reduced the whitespace too much in the last version but it does allow for more information to be presented so I'm okay with it.

There may be minor inconsistencies in how certain things look with the next release. This is because some style information is hard-coded into the HTML. After the release the documentation is going to be cleaned up to correctly separate out all the formatting stuff to a CSS file.

I haven't had much time to look at this until now. Here are my thoughts.

Regarding the yellow boxes (syntax) at the top of each reference page;

• I think the yellow should be lighter with less saturation.

Regarding the syntax highlighting colour scheme;

• I think the numbers and variables don't stand out as well as they did previously.

• The #cs comments could be a slightly darker grey.

I think the page layout is absolutely fine.

Edited by czardas

I don't understand this. I think numbers should stand out since the syntax checking won't generally tell me if a number is incorrect. An incorrect function name is more likely to throw an error than an incorrect number, so finding numerical typos is perhaps more difficult. All the more reaon for numbers to be made to stand out. Stuff that can be easily checked by the interpreter need not stand out so much as stuff that requires visual checking.

I view your logic as somewhat flawed. You are correlating what is essentially brightness when what you really need to look for is difference. As long as all the colors are visually distinct (or duplicate colors are applied to items you cannot confuse for each other) then that's all that really matters. From there it is simply a matter of training your brain to process what you are seeing.

Says the person who uses a bright blue font for numbers (and keywords).

• 3 months later...

just change the style sheet.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"