AutoIt, Close to C# ?

I like AutoIt !

A Friend keeps telling me to change to C# for MultiThreat.

I don't really care atm.

But i checked out some features of C#.

And it made me think that their have some similarities.

Being a noob it made me wonder why, since AutoIt is programmed in C++

Multi threading multi schmeming. Back in my day we had so many kilobytes of free memory and a blinking cursor. Use AutoIt as a springboard to other languages but you shouldn't abandon AutoIt to focus solely on one language.

AutoIt is great for what it's meant for. I've been learning C# and Objective-C - OOP is completely different compared to the "basic-like" scripting of AutoIt.

My learning is pretty hindered in the other languages because I find more use for AutoIt in the work place. So i've been messing around with the XNA kit and working on games in my spare time.

C# has its features. Especially if you like creating forms in a designer. But if you want to get into the nitty gritty why not take the plunge and learn C/C++ ?? There are free compilers for just about every platform. Especially now they are adding all kinds of language features to C++ so that you can program as sloppy as you want. Just create a Lamba expression to suck in all the variables in the vacinity to produce unreadable code!! heh heh

It is a guilty pleasure though. And speaking of threading, the new C++ has cooperative threading just by using a few language constructs. You don't have to do _beginthread() anymore for many things.

Edited by MilesAhead