Autoit 3.3.8.0 issues vs 3.3.6.1 Int() Hex() ??

R3D23R0

I've been using an old autoit script I modified for a macro, the last version of autoit that compiled it correctly was 3.3.6.1. When I install the latest version, I see the part about script breaking changes, and the only commands/keywords that apply to my script are the Int() and Hex(). I've compiled using every possible option under 3.3.8.0 and the exe always comes out the wrong size and doesn't read values correctly, rendering the program useless. However, I went back to 3.3.6.1 and compiled my script successfully as I've always done.

Here's some samples from my script:

If Hex($STATE) = IniRead($SOFTWARE_CONFIG, $CFG_LIST_ROOT_KEY, $CFG_LIST_ITEM_KEY & $k, "") Then

GUICtrlSetData($LABEL_GENERAL_STATUS, "Action: Working" & $k)

ExitLoop

EndIf

If Int ($PERC) < Int(IniRead($SOFTWARE_CONFIG, $CFG_JOB_ROOT_KEY, $CFG_JOB_TASK_PERC_KEY, 1)) Then

ControlSend($APP_TITLE, "", "", IniRead($SOFTWARE_CONFIG, $CFG_JOB_ROOT_KEY, $CFG_JOB_TASK_PERC_KEY, ""))

Endif

Is there something I need to modify so 3.3.8.0 doesn't break my script? Or am I just stuck using 3.3.6.1 forever for compiling, as the possibility of future versions compiling my code correctly seems very slim at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

• Moderators

R3D23R0,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

I would suggest that you need to use the new parameters in the Hex and Int functions to make sure you get the correct size value returned. Try adding some errorchecking code to your scripts to see what the functions you are comparing are actually returning in the old 3.3.6.1 and the 3.3.8.0 scripts. Then you can adjust the parameters as required.

Let us know what you get returned from the 2 versions if you get stuck again. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area