opening the Epson Status monitor applete

Hi Just got the Epson EPL-6200

It come with the famous Epson status monitor which you and access from your system tray

I would like to open this via a script. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have found the process that runs it in task manager but don't know how to shell it.

Edited by vickerps

Hi Just got the Epson EPL-6200

It come with the famous Epson status monitor which you and access from your system tray

I would like to open this via a script. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have found the process that runs it in task manager but don't know how to shell it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does the Run function not work for this? Post what you have tried.........

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

sorry didn't explain u cannot run the status monitor via and exe it run from a shortcut it creates on the systray or from the printer drivers applet.

I have located the exe that call the process that run as a service but there is no / switches that i can see to get to display the status monitor applet.

just thought some might of tried this b4 seeing the epson a well known make

sorry...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it is I that should apologize... I looked at a few of your past posts and thought that with your level of knowlegde you would know about a little thing called Run... but silly me, I posted my comment anyway.

I should leave this to those that have Epson printers installed, but at the risk of looking foolish again: Is there a *.cpl file that brings up what you want or does attempting to start this service when it is already started bring up the interface that you want? (I have a utility in the system tray that acts like that - two starts = GUI.)

later...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]