Check of folder is open on a shared location

I don't think it can be done... but I'm gonna ask anyways...

Is there a way to see if a folder is being accessed (by anyone) on a shared location?

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

• Moderators

Yes, if you look FROM the shared location. For example, if I share out a folder called "MyShare" on my machine, I can run fsmgmt.msc to show me all of the shares on my machine, and who is connected to them. If you're talking in a network share scenario, you would have to look FROM the file server where the folder is shared out. A quick Google of "see who is connected to a share" will give you all of this (and more) information.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Yes, if you look FROM the shared location. For example, if I share out a folder called "MyShare" on my machine, I can run fsmgmt.msc to show me all of the shares on my machine, and who is connected to them. If you're talking in a network share scenario, you would have to look FROM the file server where the folder is shared out. A quick Google of "see who is connected to a share" will give you all of this (and more) information.

Darn... it's a network share. I know it sits on a linux server... and if I'm correct... linux has a way of doing this. I would just have to get that information back over to the machine running the program.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”