Finding TypeName function

Hello i am new to autoit i have completed all the tutorials and have made a few scripts of my own in the past few days and then i stumbled apon dalehohm 's IE.au3 and proceded to make a bot that navigated and clicked on forum polls then voted, everything looked like it was going smooth then i hit a brick wall TypeName functions now i know there are other topics about this but i never seen where somone posted exactly how to find them so i was hopeing that somone out there would know what i'm talking about, any help or feedback would be greatly appreaciated thanks

Hello i am new to autoit i have completed all the tutorials and have made a few scripts of my own in the past few days and then i stumbled apon dalehohm 's IE.au3 and proceded to make a bot that navigated and clicked on forum polls then voted, everything looked like it was going smooth then i hit a brick wall TypeName functions now i know there are other topics about this but i never seen where somone posted exactly how to find them so i was hopeing that somone out there would know what i'm talking about, any help or feedback would be greatly appreaciated thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no way to do this in AutoIt today. There is a post of mine in the V3 Idea Lab forum (title includes ObjTypeName) detailing the need and I believe the devs are looking into it.

If your needs are one-time, I suggest that you write test scripts in VBScript and use the buit-in TypeName function... otherwise I am hopeful taht we will have something in AutoIt eventually.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

There is no way to do this in AutoIt today.  There is a post of mine in the V3 Idea Lab forum (title includes ObjTypeName) detailing the need and I believe the devs are looking into it.

If your needs are one-time, I suggest that you write test scripts in VBScript and use the buit-in TypeName function... otherwise I am hopeful taht we will have something in AutoIt eventually.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A TypeName equivalent function (ObjName in AutoIt) will be included soon in the next beta release.

Regards,

-Sven

A TypeName equivalent function (ObjName in AutoIt) will be included soon in the next beta release.

Regards,

-Sven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is awesome news i love this community and hopefully one day i can contribute something to autoit