Relative Windowing

Guest bomber

Guest bomber

Is there a system variable or macro or function to obtain the Left and Top values of a window during script runtime? For calculating in-window mouse coordinates of windows that are not in the top-left corner. The AutoIt Window tool shows 'X' and 'Y' values for the window, and that is the value I need, but can't find where it would be the list is so long :)

Thank you in advance for any assistance :evil:

bomber:

Is there a system variable or macro or function to obtain the Left and Top values of a window during script runtime?

t0ddie:

wingetpos

bomber:

For calculating in-window mouse coordinates of windows that are not in the top-left corner.

herewasplato:

You can do that if you want to - or just change the way AutoIt uses x/y coordinates via AutoItSetOption - MouseCoordMode

help file:

Sets the way coords are used in the mouse functions, either absolute coords or coords relative to the current active window:

0 = relative coords to the active window

1 = absolute screen coordinates (default)

2 = relative coords to the client area of the active window

bomber:

The AutoIt Window tool shows 'X' and 'Y' values for the window, and that is the value I need, but can't find where it would be the list is so long

herewasplato:

In case you ever need x/y for desktop...

You can change that "tool" setting as needed/desired.

See Options > Coord Mode:

Screen

Window

Client

Also, I would suggest using mouse clicks as the last resort. The "control" series of functions might be better - unless it is a browser window, then maybe tab will work for you. (...and then there is always COM in the beta version of Autoit. :-)

enjoy.........

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]