Firefox pop-up window help

Hi, first post be nice!

i have a code that when executed it installs firefox, it goes through fine until after the install is complete. Upon completion a window pops up with a box that says "launch firefox now" and a finish button. what should i have in my code to make autoit uncheck "launch now" and then finsih, More specifaclly how do i make autoit tagert the finish window? Thanks for the help!

Here is my code

;Run Firefox install exe

Run("Firefox Setup 3.6.19.exe")

WinWait("Mozilla Firefox Setup")

Sleep (1000)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(1000)

;Setup Type

Send("!s")

Send("!n")

Sleep(1000)

;Summary

Send("!s")

Sleep(500)

Send("!i")

Sleep(1000)

;Installed

WinWait("Mozilla Firefox Setup, Completing the Mozilla Firefox Setup Wizard")

Send("!l")

Send("!f")

Hello txelwood,

First, Welcome to the AutoIt Forums!

The best advice I would have for you is to look into Control functions such as:

ControlCommand( $winTitle, '', $controlID, "UnCheck", "") ;unchecks a checkbox control

AutoIt included a handy tool called 'AutoIt Window Info' with the standard download. This should be found in the main AutoIt directory labeled 'Au3Info.exe'. This tool will help you to identify the correct names and handles for standard Microsoft Window titles and controls.

Good Luck & Happy Coding!

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

I forgot to mention that you might want to look into the function WinMenuSelectItem() instead of sending all those Send() keys. Using Send() is less reliable, especially with actual user input that could break the script.

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

• Moderators

Have you tried just running the setup silently? If you run the Firefox Setup 12.0.exe with the -ms switch it will install silently and won't launch the application after install.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!