WinMove issue with Windows 7 64-bit?

Hi all,

This is my first posting to this forum, so hopefully I'm posting in the right area. I did some searches for this topic and couldn't find any matches, so I apologize if one already exists.

When using "WinMove" on a 32-bit version of Windows (XP or 7) it works fine, but using the same script/functionality on Windows 7 64-bit machine doesn't work. Having said so, it works on all of the various windows versions if I'm moving a standard windows application, such as notepad, but for this particular application (a custom app) that I'm trying to move it doesn't work on the 64-bit OS. How can I troubleshoot this issue? Is there a log file that can give me some clues as to why it doesn't work on the 64-bit of Windows 7? Is there some debugging I can enable somewhere?

Thank you

Øystein

Great ... that's a step in the right direction as the window moves as I want it to now. Is there a C/C++ equivalent to this as well that can be used with the "AU3_WinMove" function?

you will probably want to go to a C++ forum and ask for that info as this is an AutoIT forum......

you will probably want to go to a C++ forum and ask for that info as this is an AutoIT forum......

Thanks, but the question was in regards to the AU3_WinMove function that is supplied by AutoIT. So it appears that if I'm using the 32-bit (i.e.: AutoIt3.exe) version of the AutoIt implementation it works, but if I'm using the 64-bit version of AutoIt (i.e.: AutoIt3_x64.exe) it doesn't work. Likewise, if I compile my own C++ implementation on the same system, which is a 64-bit Win 7, using the "AU3_WinMove" function, it doesn't work either. So I suspect that I need to find a way to force it to use the 32-bit version when compiling the home made version. From what I can tell, however, it seems that it is already using the 32-bit since it uses the AutoItX3.dll rather than the AutoItX3_x64.dll...

Anyway, thanks for the help - I'll keep digging ...

you might be able to change the compile structure in whatever compiler you are using to compile in 32 bit instead of 64 bit. autoIT has this feature in Tools -> Compile -> Use X86 Version

you could try looking for something similar in your C++ compiler