Problem with _IEQuit, Windows7 and IE8

I would be suspicious of a security zone change. IE will change security zones based on your security settings and behaviour is different in different across versions of IE. Browsers in another security zone will not show up in the shell windows collection. This is similar to why HTA's need "embedded" to attach to them.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hello, here are some news about that problem :

Hello,

I answer very late today because I am hard-pressed.

My hard is due to the fact I really need to find a solution. If it is not with AutoIt, I'll have by another way, with some regrets I have to say :sad:.

Moroever, it looks like I'm the only one who gets that problem and it is a little bit disturbing.

The Dale's answer would explain why _IEAttach works with "Embedded" parameter.

But in that case, it's _IEQuit which doesn't close the opened windows, we're turning in circles...

The computer at work, where I test all the codes is effectively very secure, that may explain many issues, but I must deal with it because these computers will be use later.

The problem is, I tested on other computers at work, which are not as secure as the first on, they don't have any firewalls, pretection software or strange settings. A basic configuration. i still have the same problem.

Furthermore, I don't understand the problem of security zone, what is the difference with Lycos and Google? They're both on Internet, not intranet or sensitives websites, so, without any zone changing.

All the websites used in the programm intranet so no zoning too.

My program works on windows XP and IE8, the problem come probably from Vista or Windows Seven. Or does IE8 work differently between XP and Vista/Seven?

I will ask to my colleagues to test the code on their computer, we'll see...

Thanks in advance for your remarks or codes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

it's been a long time since I didn't reply anything. Unfortunately, we have bad news and we need a strong help.

Hello,

sorry for my late answer.

But the test with my colleagues wasn't so conluding. Most of them are on Vista or Seven but with IE9. Moreover, we're in hollydays so lots of missing. I think that I won't be able to do anything in this period.

After the two following weeks, I'll be on hollyday too.

So, I'm always looking for a solution, I don't drop out anything but at the moment, I'm stuck.

Bye !

Thanks a lot in advance!