Autoit3 compiled script causes "hidden data sending" warning

I did a few searches but couldn't find anything related, so forgive me if I have missed something.

I am running a script that contains a GUI and on a few instances changes to a different GUI to go into different "modes". I did this simple via GUIdelete (originally opting for state changes to disable and hide) then creating a new GUI inside a new function that is called. However, when I run the program and switch modes, my virus scanner triggers and yells at me for "Hidden Data Sending". Is there something I could add/change such that this won't trigger?

Enjoy making solutions for points-2-shop

• Moderators

JacobA,

I find it interesting (and unlikely) that merely deleting and creating GUIs causes an AV scanner to fire. If this is indeed the case it sounds like you should use a different scanner. :)

However, could you please post the code that is giving you this problem - or better a short reproducer script - so we can see what you are actually doing. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

My scanner is Kaspersky. I will see if I can reproduce with a smaller script as I have no intention of copying over several hundred lines of code. It's basically a GUI that contains an IE object embeded in it. When a user clicks a button, it switches to a different GUI using GUIDelete and creating a new one. This causes the scanner to issue the warning when run from the compiled script.

Here are some snippets of the code that are doing what I described above.

Firstly, I create a GUI interface with an IE object

GLobal $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
Global $main_GUI = GUICreate("Program Name", 1024, 768+$height_changer, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 1024) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 768) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)

I build the GUI with buttons etc. One button I create as Global to change GUI modes:

Global $GUI_Mode_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Second Mode", 690+20, 15+75, 100,20)

In the While loop - I check for the case of $msg for when the user clicks the button (this is all simple GUI stuff...). It calls a function that destroys the main gui and creates a new one

Case $msg = $GUI_Mode_2
            MsgBox(0,"Second Mode", "Program will now go into it's second mode.")
            $end = 2
            _second_gui()

The function starts off as such:

Func _second_gui()
;disable the old GUI
;GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE)
;GUISetState(@SW_HIDE)
GUIDelete()

Global $oIE_2 = _IECreateEmbedded()
$new_GUI = GUICreate("Secondary Mode - Program Name", 1024, 768+$height_changer, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 1024) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 768) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)

I go on to embed the new IE object into the new GUI and build the new secondary GUI.

When the user switches GUI's when running the program, the virus scanner triggers.