_BeepServiceStart()

layer

I submitted this to jpm, because I thought it would go good with the beep function... :dance: Hoping it gets included... :whistle:

It's pretty straight forward, but it's not one of those things like oh I know how to do this in AutoIt why have it as a UDF... It's something from MSDN, do you don't just know how to do it off the bat, that's why I feel it would make a good addition. :dance:

Edited by layer
FootbaG

Hello guys and gals, now I really need some testers.

Can I get feedback from, Win 2000, WinME, Win 95, and Win NT users please? I really need to know if they work on these systems... If you run my example, you should only here 2 beeps... Both the same frequency and length (2000 freq. and 2 seconds(2000 miliseconds)) ... Thanks so much!

:whistle:

FootbaG

Hello guys and gals, now I really need some testers.

Can I get feedback from, Win 2000, WinME, Win 95, and Win NT users please? I really need to know if they work on these systems... If you run my example, you should only here 2 beeps... Both the same frequency and length (2000 freq. and 2 seconds(2000 miliseconds)) ... Thanks so much!

:whistle:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You better put a script that's people can run directly your .zip is not.

You guys are confusing... :dance: (Needs latest BETA) ...

@w0uter,

what system are you running? Because that's what it's supposed to do... If you're running XP, don't bother, because it's been tested on XP, but if it's another system, please tell me ! :dance: Thanks.

@Helge,

Sorry, I knew I didn't explain it enough. If you run the script (I'll post it at thje bottom of this post) , you should here 1 low beep. If you here 0 beeps, let me know what system you are running (I believe you're win 2000 ?)... The beep will be 2 seconds long

@jpm,

The .ZIP includes an example, but I'll do as you said and post one directly on the forums. Maybe this function will not proove useful for AutoIt ? But I'd like to see Bepp have at least one UDF for it ...

Example:

_BeepServiceStart()
Beep(400, 2000)
_BeepServiceStart(0)
Beep(2000, 2000)
_BeepServiceStart()
Func _BeepServiceStart($iStartStop = 1)
    If StringIsAlpha($iStartStop) Then
        SetError(0)
        Return 0
    ElseIf $iStartStop = 1 Then
        $sNetCmd = "net start beep"
    Else
        $sNetCmd = "net stop beep"
    EndIf
    Return RunWait(@ComSpec & " /C " & $sNetCmd, "", @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

Thanks guys ! :whistle:

Edited by layer
FootbaG