PixelWait?

Is there a way to make the script pause until a pixel changes colors? From say, red -> green.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, search the help file and the forum for: PixelGetColor().

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

• Moderators

And Help File for Do... Until

Example:

Do

Sleep(100)

Until PixelGetColor()

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

okay so i did that and it worked fine...im getting error s out the wazoo...ill post the code here in a minute after i re-work it and test it

Okay so i get undefined global variable errors fom this code

Dim $hp
$d2win=InputBox("Diablo II Window", "Enter the title of your Diablo II window.", "Diablo II", "", 150, 60)
WinWait($d2win)
WinActivate($d2win)
$check=PixelGetColor(400, 90)
If $check="5787720" Then
    Do
        Sleep(100)
    Until $hp = PixelGetColor(80, 590)
      If $hp="4737096" Then
          Send("1", 1)
      EndIf
EndIf

EDIT: (updated code) okay so i was looking around and saw something about Dim $variable so now i get no errors..but my script does nothing but run then close

Edited by kabalarian

Not quite like that. You need to have it do the sleep until the color changes.

Change your Do..Until loop to something like

;Stuff before
Do
  $hp = PixelGetColor(80, 590)
  Sleep(100)
Until $hp = 4737096
;Stuff after

See, this will constantly check the pixel at 80x590 until it's green or whatever colour that is. Then it will exit the Do..Until loop, and execute whatever code comes after.

This is just an example, it's not copy & paste code, you'll have to tailor it to your needs.

Edited by Saunders

so that will continue to check even after the first time it finds the pixel changed colors?

EDIT: Okay so now it is updated to what usaid but it will just run then exit...

Dim $hp
$d2win=InputBox("Diablo II Window", "Enter the title of your Diablo II window.", "Diablo II", "", 150, 60)
WinWait($d2win)
WinActivate($d2win)
WinWaitActive($d2win)
If $check="5787720" Then
    Do
        Sleep(100)
    Until $hp="4737096"
    While $hp="4737096"
          Send("1", 1)
    WEnd
EndIf

EDIT2: No one will help me?...ive been lookin through the help file for a while now and still cant find an answer to my problems

Edited by kabalarian

• Moderators

Dim $hp
WinWait($d2win)
WinActivate($d2win)
WinWaitActive($d2win)

While WinExists($d2win)
If $check = 5787720 Then
    Do
        Sleep(100)
    Until $hp = 4737096
    Do
          Send("1", 1)
           Sleep(100)
    Until Not $hp= 4737096
EndIf
Sleep(100)
Wend

Edited by ronsrules

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

so that will continue to check even after the first time it finds the pixel changed colors?

EDIT: Okay so now it is updated to what usaid but it will just run then exit...

The script exits due to the first IF clause. If the pixel color is not 5787720, then the whole code block will be skipped and your programm exits.

Please explain a bit more when you want the script to wait and how to detect the "trigger" for this.

BTW#1: The coordinates in the two function calls to PixelGetColor() are different! Do you want to check one pixel or two?

BTW#2: The while loop in you script (While $hp="4737096") will never end, as $hp will not change while the loop executes.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

the script i posted is unfinished...it has just the bare bones to make it work...the first pixelcheck is to detect if its a different size...i havent gotten to writing the second If for the script to run on a different size.

I want the script to constantly check the pixel at (80, 590) as that is where the hp ball meats the color "4737096" as soon as that pixel changes from red to a goldish or brownish color i want it to send the keypress of 1...up near F1...

EDIT: this is sorta like the post here except for a much diffferent game

Edited by kabalarian