Advise for printing ???

Efo74

Can someone help me in Printing projects. I have made some programs in autoit using Acess MDB and I utilize the MPDF.dll UDF for Printing PDF. But Create print need a lot of time. Is there a working solution like "Crystal report" that I can utilize with autoit ??. either free or not.

Thank you :)

:rolleyes:

Hi, It has been a very long time since I used Access and also what I have to suggest may not suit what you are trying to achieve.

I am making assumptions here, but if you are creating bespoke reports using AutoIt from the mdb then perhaps you can also create a new mdb on the fly from AI and use the linked to viewer (which is a free standalone/portable app which can also Print).

Or you could instead create a new section in your existing mdb to take the data you have just acquired and using AI inject that info into that section then call the viewer and print it out from there.

The viewer could be called as a hidden window and the printout called invisibly from within AI so your users do not even have to have any interaction with that app.

I hope this has been of some use to you.

Regards,

DeMo.

MDB Viewer Plus

Quote of the week:"BASIC programmers never die, they GOSUB and don't RETURN." -- UnknownWisdom of the ages:

• I'd be unstoppable... if not for law enforcement and physics.
  • Marriage, the number 1 cause of divorce.
  • Don't steal... the government hates competition.
  • Irish Government Motto: We’ve got what it takes to take what you’ve got.
  • Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
  • Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product.-- Ferenc Mantfeld
  • If you learn from your mistakes, then why ain't I a genius?! -- Anonymous
  • Remember, live every day as if it was your last day! one day you will be right.
  • How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
  • Sure my system is secure, it just locked up again.
  • I haven't lost my mind; I have a tape back-up somewhere.  ~Author Unknown