Lock window focus / Hook Xinput and/or Dinput to a window.

Erquint

So yeah, this might smell newb, maybe I am one.

Backstory to let you guys know that I read rules and I'm not hacking anything or botting:

Me and my friend like to spend time on a single PC to chat live while both of us makes use of PC but in different ways.

He usually uses the web-browser with keyboard and mouse — I play single-player games with a gamepad. I have 2 displays, that's an advantage :)

BUT, we have a huge problem with situations when a game refuses to accept Dinput/Xinput while unfocused, so clicks on browser window spoil all the fun. And that happens to MOST games.

So now what I'm asking is how to make a game always be focused and responsive to Dinput/Xinput(I use both, depending on a game) while clicks on browser window remain possible?

Edited by Erquint

• Moderators

Erquint,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum - and do not worry about being new as we all were at some point. :)

Let me see if I understand your request. You have 2 users on the same PC but using separate displays - one surfing t'Interweb and the other playing a game. And you want the gamer to be able to interact with the game regardless of what the surfer does on the other display. Is that correct? :huh:

If so, then we come to another question. You say you "read rules" - did you read this one?

Do not ask for help with AutoIt scripts, post links to, or start discussion topics on the following subjects:

[...]

Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game.

[...]"

I accept that you are not botting or hacking the game but the script you want will, by definition, interact with it - so I am afraid it falls foul of that rule and this thread will now be locked.

I hope to see you back soon with a legitimate question. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area