Run and shell execute commands for DOS shell not working

Rob781

Im haveing problems with the runwait command.. I'm trying to get a DOS program to work.. I works fine when I open cmd.exe in start menu then type in command for it to run in command prompt. But when I try to open it in RunWait("C:Gamesgame.exe /vga") it doesnt show up. I see it in task manger but no windows for it. I even tryed @SW_MAXIMIZE to see if that helps. still no change.. I still see it loaded up in task manger and its running with 20% cpu.. and I hear the music but no window..

I noteced that when I open it up from command prompt, I saw it like close the window and reopen another window or like it resized the window.. I can get it to work from a batch file but not from autoIT..

anyone with any Ideas??? I spent like 3 hours on it and came up with nothing.. all I can think of is a thing that will open cmd.exe and write "C:Gamesgame.exe /vga" directly to it.. but I can find out how to do that

I even tryed ShellExecuteWait("C:Gamesgame.exe /vga") an it just errored and didn't like the spacing in some of the switches in side of the "" for the command

Edited by Rob781

• Developers

anyone with any Ideas??? I spent like 3 hours on it and came up with nothing.. all I can think of is a thing that will open cmd.exe and write "C:Gamesgame.exe /vga" directly to it.. but I can find out how to do that

I even tryed ShellExecuteWait("C:Gamesgame.exe /vga") an it just errored and didn't like the spacing in some of the switches in side of the "" for the command

Have you looked at the helpfile in those 3 hours? ShellExecuteWait() should have the commandline parameters in a separate parameter.

...but, have you read our forumrules, because looking at your commandline you are telling us you are staring a game?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

"parameters [optional] Any parameters for the program. Blank ("") uses none." I couldn't find anything about how to set up parameter.. I did a index search for it in help and it poped up with every thing that has parameters.. nothing about the diffrent parameters options.. I even tryied google "autoIT parameters" and came up with a bunch of stuff on how to complie autoit files.. I some one can piont me in the right direction on how to . That would help me. Sorry sorta new to autoIT but starting picking it up..

[autoit]$var1 = " /vga"

ShellExecuteWait(" C:gamesgame.exe " & $var1, "", @ScriptDir, "open")[autoit]

then I run it I get a massage saying windows cannot find 'C:gamesgame.exe /vga' Make sure you typed it correctly.. if I goto cmd in windows and type it in command prompt it loads no problem.

when I run

RunWait("C:gamesgame.exe " & $var1)

it shows up as a precess at 20% cpu and is nunning but nothing under applications the the gui I make.. even kill the gui I made and that screen closes but only thing I can do to stop the game is to stop the process.. the game is still running until I kill the process..

Edited by Rob781

but, have you read our forumrules, because looking at your commandline you are telling us you are staring a game?

I don't under stand you what you are talking about "forumrules" should I post is in an anoth section? this looks to me like a gerneral form section. If I should post it else where let me know

• Moderators

Rob781,

It is not "where" you are posting that is the problem - Jos was referrring to "what" you are posting. ;)

I suggest you take a look at the Forum rules - particularly the bit about not discussing game interaction - and then you will understand why this thread is now locked. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area