Helpfile on OnAutoItExit(), OnAutoItStart()

JoeCool

I was looking to find help on onAutoItExit() and onAutoItStart(), and it took me a long time to find back the help associated with them.

Can we include index entry points to the global index search and also into the Content Function Reference index for thoses functions.

JC :-)

Edited by JoeCool

• 2 weeks later...

OnAutoItStart/OnAutoItExit don't belong anywhere in the current help file because they are not "real". A new section needs created to house these two special things because they do not fit in at all with anything else. All the other sections in the help file explain concrete objects like keywords or functions; these two are not concrete functions. It is up to the user to create them and AutoIt will just find them and call them. This behavior is completely separate from the behavior of all other functions in AutoIt. A new section should be created which discusses callback functions in more detail (HotKeySet, GUISetOnEvent, et all) can be mentioned in more detail and the two afore-mentioned event callbacks could fit in here.

• Developers

I don't know what can be done with the current index building.

Perhaps other dev's can suggest if we can do something. :">

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They now showup as "Func OnAutoItExit ()" and "Func OnAutoItStart ()" in the index because thats what they are called in the TOC.

Maybe rename the TOC entries to "OnAutoItExit" and "OnAutoItStart" ?

This would also need to be done if you make it a seperate section like Valik is suggesting.

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 3 weeks later...

$CmdLine documentation might also be hard to find.... "command line parameters" is easy to find in the index.

However, if you do a Search on that phrase, it is very easy to overlook where that information is documented. Picture attached to clarify....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!