Need Proper Syntax for Uninstall Command

ddesclos

I've been able to automate many scripts since starting to use AutoIt over the last week.

I've built a script that will silently uninstall Adobe Acrobat 6, 6.01 and then install 7.0. I also want remove version 5.0. The uninstall string doesn't use the msiexec command and I am unable to get the syntax correct.

The uninstall string accoring to the registry is:

C:\WINNT\ISUNINST.EXE -f"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.isu" -c"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\NT\Uninst.dll"

Because it has quotes already in the string, I have been unable to break it up into one that works in a RunWait command.

Can anyone please help me out with this?

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...
Guest luminati

I've been working on the same thing and what I did was simply put the string value in a simple batch file and run that in the first line. It works fine except I'm having a problem with about the third window that pops up that I can't get to close.

Here's what I'm trying to use,

WinWaitActive("Remove Programs From Your Computer","Uninstall successfully completed")

Send("{ENTER}")

The 'Uninstall successfully completed' is the text that becomes active at the bottom of the window after it is done processing the other content in the window.

The buttons choice is 'Details' and 'OK'. 'OK' is highlighted which is why I use 'Enter' for the 'Send' command which I have verified works manually.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums!

I would suggest using WinWait() as it cannot be guaranteed that the window will appear in the foreground when it appears.

winWait("My window")
winActivate("My window")
send("{ENTER}")