Saving files without a webserver

boogieoompa

I am not sure if this is a solution possible with Autoit but I figure its worth a try (hasn’t failed me yet).

I am making an intranet application that needs to save information from a Javascript driven HTML page (that I have full control over) to a database on a network drive… or at the very least to a text or xml file in a network folder. The issue is I want to do this without a webserver. In Autoit it would literally be 5 lines of code to submit a SQL query or to do a file write but doing this with HTML is turning into a massive headache.

I noticed the ActiveX control forum and was hoping someone had some suggestions (via Autoit or some other language). Basically I have an HTML form that needs to read and write the data contained within it. This could be a group of indexed xml documents or this could be a legit database. Bottom line is I am trying to do this without a webserver.

From what I gathered there is no legitimate way to do this with Javascript and I will need an ActiveX object. Since this is an internal app I can install some stuff on these PCs. I was debating installing an Autoit file watch program on 2-3 PCs (incase one goes down) that monitors a network drive and parses the files as they come. I am not talking about thousands of files a day (probably writing 100 and reading 100) so I think this might be possible.

I know I could do some really hacky stuff like having an Autoit script monitor the page or something but I would prefer to keep it a bit more “professional”.

Any ideas?

Thanks,