List View Refresh

I have a program that creates a listview box (using the _GUICtrlListView_* UDFs) and queries an access database. Everytime the database is queried I use _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems and than I add the new query. I have added _GUICtrlListView_SortItems($mainlist, GuiCtrlGetState($mainlist) to the end of each population function however it is sorting everything in reverse (ie if the user had the ListView sorted by last name A-Z the list will repopulate after refresh being sorted by last name Z-A).

Am I using this function right?

Thanks

I just thought of a very ghetto fix... I included the function twice. Hacky and ugly but at least it works. I would still love to hear if there is a better way. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is, when I populate the listview with my SQL querey it populates in the order that I add items even though the little triangle marker shows that the list SHOULD be sorted by a specific column. When I call the sort command it just simply flips the arrow.

I gather that the sort command doesnt realize that the data wasn't really sorted before I call the sort command.

Thanks

Add one of these Listview styles to the Styles parameter setting when you create the listview and it will sort the items as you add them automatically.

$LVS_SORTASCENDING ; Item indexes are sorted based on item text in ascending order
 $LVS_SORTDESCENDING ; Item indexes are sorted based on item text in descending order
Edited by BrewManNH

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator