Hotkeyset

This is so basic that I'm a little embarrassed putting it up here, but I can't figure it out so, here is my situation:

In my job I have to run a variable number of reports every morning from a crappy application my company uses. The app has some primitive scripting abilities, but it is unable to print out hardcopy from the script. So I figure out how many of my different reports I need to run, run it as a script, come back to my computer about 10 minutes later and I have layers of reports that I need to print out. For each screen I need to type

1. CNTRL-P

2. {ENTER} // for the confirm print window

3. wait for the printing status window to close

4. {ESC} // to exit from the report window

5. N // No, I don't want to save the report

Then I'm back to a new report with basically the same title and slightly different information. The whole loop takes about 2 seconds, but every day it's getting a little more annoying. So I found autoit and thought this would do the trick. Here is the basic script I wrote:

HotKeySet ("^L", "mPrint")

Func mPrint ()

SEND("^p{ENTER}")

SLEEP(500)

WinWaitActive("Printing")

WInWaitClose("Printing")

SEND("{ESC}N")

EndFunc

I just want to get it to run once, then I can through it in a little loop with a window asking how many times to run through it. Anyone point me to where I'm really missing the boat? Thanks

You just never call out the function before it ends. Try this

HotKeySet ("^L", "mPrint")
while 1 
; this is an endless loop, hotkey functions work fine as long as AutoIt is running
; so this will keep it running, press your hotkey to activate.
sleep(10)
wend

Func mPrint ()
SEND("^p{ENTER}")
SLEEP(500)
WinWaitActive("Printing")
WInWaitClose("Printing")
SEND("{ESC}N")
EndFunc

good luck on your scripting adventures....

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Ahhh... OK, I think that I just saw the light. I'm too used to writing up little bash or php things. I saw variations of that and just figured that it was wrong, because a infinite loop would never exit to allow the function to get called, and the function isn't called in the loop, so.....

That's where I was stuck. Anyways, thanks for the help, it works perfectly and I'm on my way.