Microsoft Visual C++ Pro 5.0

ZibbZ

Does anyone have Microsoft Visual C++ Pro Edition 5.0. I need help, I just need a lilttle bit of help to start. I might be able to start by myself, but my help file don't work. When I open the Microsoft Visual C++ Pro 5.0, the help file doesn't open.

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).

Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.

On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.

Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.

Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.

If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.

Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer

That's what opens. Please Help

[font="Optima"]ZibbZ[/font]

You need to install your MSDN disc(s) that came along with the product.

I remember vaguely that there was some bastardy regarding the help for VC5; it that required IE be installed but it wasn't actual HTML help.

I'd also try googling for solutions, I had to fix this the last time that I installed VC5, but I don't remember if the solution was at a Microsoft site or elsewhere...

Lastly, the online help is just a shadow of MSDN. I don't know if the product help for Visual Studio 6 still exists there, but it applies ~100% to VC5...

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

... but my help file don't work.  When I open the Microsoft Visual C++ Pro 5.0, the help file doesn't open.

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Cannot find server or DNS Error

Internet Explorer 

That's what opens.  Please Help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You omitted to quote which address was showing in your browser that the error was related to.

Did you deselect installing the help files during installation? Did you specify to access them from the CDs directly? Are the appropriate CDs mounted?

Have you run out of disk space?

Have you checked your drives for errors?

• 4 weeks later...