Sending Joystick buttons.

Greetings everyone,

I've come across a problem I can't solve. I am trying to "send" an Xbox 360 controller button press using autoit. So far I have not been able to do this. I have used the search function; there are many threads describing how to correspond a joystick button press with a press of a keyboard, as well as some great work >like this script which can monitor the status of the controller and respond to that. Unfortunately what I want to do is essentially the opposite of that. In other words, I would like to take the press of a keyboard and turn it into a button press of my 360 controller.

I spent some time looking at the documentation on the controller's DLL's, I'm not sure how to implement dll's in my script yet, but I don't see a function to set the state of the controller.

Anyway, I'm trying my best to learn, but I feel a bit stumped and I'd really appreciate it if someone was willing to point me in the right direction.

Always a great community on these forums!

cheers,

-Rohopo

Edited by Rohopo

Alright, after four or so hours bashing my head against this problem, I found a rediculously stupidly easy workaround for my specific situation. I never did learn how to get Autoit to send a joystick button, instead I found a method that doesn't require that to happen. On the plus side I did get to learn about dlls though!

For anybody else struggling with this problem, it looks like its possible to have an autohotkey script rebind a joystick button to something autoit can press, and then have autoit do that. Haven't tried it, but worth a shot.

Edited by Rohopo