Control Panel

nick

I would like to be able to toggle two items in a control panel applet combobox: more specifically I want to be able to switch between two devices listed in the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties box, Audio tab, Sound Playback section, Default Device combo box.

Any pointers or help would be appreciated: I'm not asking for code to be written.

Thanks

This seems to work:

ControlCommand ( "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties", "", "ComboBox1", "SetCurrentSelection", 1 )

Change the final parameter to 0 or 1 depending on which item you want to select in the combo box. (You may need to use ControlGetText or something, depending on whether you know the ordering of the combo box already.)

I got the name "ComboBox1" using the Window Info tool.

hope that helps

ben

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. Is there any way of passing this function to the control panel applet 'silently'; so that a user would not see the applet or at the very least it would appear very briefly.

My final goal is to have an executable that a user would double click on to 'toggle' between two sound output devices i.e. between a sound card and a Lyra device.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Nick