Selecting one of multiple Dropdown Menus [Problem]

LL77ee

Hello,

I am both new to AutoIt and to this forum.

Unfortunately, I could not find an answer or a solution to my problem, which is choosing something from a selected dropdown menu.

In detail, I have a page I wish to navigate and from which I wish to download a programme. My problem is that there are two, sometimes more, dropdown menus that need to be set in order to commence with the download.

This is the script I have managed so far, which was not very successful I am afraid;

$my_url = "http://xxxxx"

ShellExecute ( "C:Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefoxfirefox.exe", $my_url )

ControlCommand('[CLASS:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2004eee; INSTANCE:3]','','controlID',"SelectString", xxxxx)

I have been watching the tutorials, which are immensely helpful, and I will continue to study them and this page. However, if anyone has an idea on how to solve this problem, I thank you in advance.

Best,

LL77

Click the ControlCommand function on the next line to open the help file for it...you are missing the window identifier, optional window text, and the control identifier should be the third variable:

ControlCommand

Also, I forget if those window form controls update to a new name each time you launch the app...you might need to identify it through the REGEXPCLASS: search 'controls' in the help file.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Agreed, Danp2, but because the control has an actual class for a windows form, it's based on an application.  I believe he is working on two windows....or could be that he is just really confused :)...

LL77ee, please send a screen shot, or the output of the autoit window info tool (summary tab), where the focus is on the control you want to manipulate.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.