Black Box or Vmware alternative

topten

Hi I am trying to solve this question: I am trying to create a software to a,utomate users actions, such as upload image for a profile etc which is working with ie. I am using ie.udf, but there are cases when it is impossible to use only ie .udf- for example when you work with popup messages, or press the button to upload an image or whatever. Or there are cases when ie.udf is not possible to use, because of iframe etc. therefore I have to use mouseclicks . I could use vmware for this- the user could just run it and at the same do some actions on his pc. Is it possible to create with autoit (!) something like vmware, so that it could run in background?

Thanx in advance for your answers!

There is no need to use VMware. IE.AU3 is able to handle iframes. And popups may be handled by a secondary script. This is due to the mainscript is pausing on popups and cannot react on them. But a secondary script can check for the popups and act upon.

Just show your script and we might help you.

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

as far as button presses goes It looks like the object can be identified By ID or by name.  Id look at _IEGetObjById(ByRef $o_object, $s_Id), and _IEGetObjByName(ByRef $o_object, $s_Id [, $i_index = 0]).  Once the object in question is identified if can be "pressed" by using _IEFormSubmit(ByRef $o_object [, $f_wait = 1]).  Now i'm not sure if other user input will interrupt this.  Idk if this will work with the window minimized or we, but i'd think it would because whether the window is active or not the object still exists no matter where it is .  Again I could be completely wrong.  there was something in the _Ieformsubmit function about the button being masked and needing to mimick a click.

as far as popups are concerned you can write a function that runs every so often that uses winlist() and ...... still thinking about this one

ok got it the winlist returns the title and hWnd but can't really id a random window by either but you can take that data stick it into  _WinAPI_GetClassName($hWnd).  this turns the hWnd into a class so with that info you  can basically sort out the windows that arn't associated to ie.  then take that and compare it to a list of "approved" windows that are associated with you program and winkill() the ones that arn't.

One last thing as far as the program running in the background.  after you get the bugs worked out you may even be able to winsetstate(@SW_HIDE) the approved windows.

Edited by markyrocks