Embedded IE - Copying content

Thank you JLogan3o13 for keeping up with this thread.

The problem is rather annoying and it seems hard to pinpoint.

steve8tch, thanks for the reply. I was leaning towards it being an IE problem, but if a fix is incorporated in Autoit Script, that would be great. However, it seems JLogan tested it and it is still isn't working. :(

Have had this issue for a bit while (week tops) with the current project I got. Tried most of combinations without success. And sometimes manually press CTRL+C worked better than having Autoit do it!

However, I spot one last combination I did not try;

Send("{CTRLDOWN}c{CTRLUP}")

Do not ask, but somehow, that is the magic number for me. And it worked like a clock now! Quite odd... maybe I'll make a function of sorts if I ever get this issue again that got most of any combinations of this (in short, it could try every combination for you in an desperate way to make sure the odds for failure is zeroed).

• Moderators

To close out this thread, the bug has been fixed in the latest BETA (3.3.13.18). The ticket has been closed.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

There is always the possibility of script-breaking changes, to be sure. But the update from BETA 17 to 18 was pretty minor.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You don't need beta for this. Just add:

DllCall("ole32.dll", "long", "OleInitialize", "ptr", 0)
...line somewhere in your script if you plan to use clipboard this way later.

Trancexx! Where have you been in this entire discussion. Haha! In one fell swoop (or one line of code) you have solved a rather large inconvenience for me and others. Thank you!!