Dependency Check

Good Morning,

I have been looking to get educated on this all morning and some help from this awesome forum would be very much appreciated! I mostly do servers and networking but I dabble in scripting and automation. For our development team, I created an AutoIT script that uninstalls an older program then installs the Pre-Req's for the new version. It works great.

The problem is, the development team "tested" this so extensively, the Pre-Req portion is now installed on 10-20% of the target machines! Ugh! If a PC already has the Pre-Req, the script fails with a message that is confusing to the user. They want me to build an "if/then" check into the script so that it does the following:

1. Uninstall old

2. Check to see if this machine already has Pre-Req's.

3. If "True" end, if "False" install Pre-Req's.

This is beyond me. Is this possible? I do not know the method/syntax to check for a file, folder, registry key, or add & remove programs. The syntax for the if/then/else would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have read the help files on Conditional Statements and If...Then...Else and I think  I can get through that. How do I check for the condition? Does this file/registry key/folder exist? Is <program in question> in "Add & Remove Programs"? I am not even sure what to search for in the help file for that.