Unattended.... IE browser download

Guest dlindsey

Guest dlindsey

I have just started using AutoIt and I really like it alot. I am trying to do something very simple yet I am having problems....so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have written and tested an AutoIt script that runs fine when I run it interactively. This script basically initiates an Internet explorer session with retrieve the necessary information and then saves it to a file in a specified format. The script works fine. My problem is that when I try to schedule the script to run at 3 AM in the moring, the script starts but does not complete. In other words, I will see my executeable script under the User tasks running from the task manager.

Can I make this type of script work without a human being in attendence at 3 AM in the morning. I assume it might be becuase a) the server that it runs on is in a screen saver at that time...or :P you can not runt this type of interactive script without an active com session..or c) I have no idea.

CAn someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance. ;)

I have just started using AutoIt and I really like it alot. I am trying to do something very simple yet I am having problems....so I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have written and tested an AutoIt script that runs fine when I run it interactively. This script basically initiates an Internet explorer session with retrieve the necessary information and then saves it to a file in a specified format. The script works fine. My problem is that when I try to schedule the script to run at 3 AM in the moring, the script starts but does not complete. In other words, I will see my executeable script under the User tasks running from the task manager.

Can I make this type of script work without a human being in attendence at 3 AM in the morning. I assume it might be becuase a) the server that it runs on is in a screen saver at that time...or :P you can not runt this type of interactive script without an active com session..or c) I have no idea.

CAn someone point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance. ;)

check out daleholm's IE.au3. it's included in the beta, or linked to several times in the forum if you just want to use an #include on the stable release.