Internet Explorer

Bert

I have another fun one:

I was asked if Autoit can capture text on a webpage if the page was only written in Javascript. I wrote a script to work with Computer Assoaciates "Unicenter Service Desk", that is Internet Explorer based. I was not able to capture text in the windows due to the Javascript. Is there a way to do it? ;)

Can you capture this text with a ^A^C^V (select-all, copy, paste)? If so, AutoIt can help you get it that way -- see examples for working with the clipboard.

You can also get text or HTML off of a webpage using COM which the AutoIt beta gives you access to.

Dale

I have another fun one:

I was asked if Autoit can capture text on a webpage if the page was only written in Javascript. I wrote a script to work with Computer Assoaciates "Unicenter Service Desk", that is Internet Explorer based. I was not able to capture text in the windows due to the Javascript. Is there a way to do it? ;)

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Sorry, to get more help you're going to have to provide significantly more detail about your challenge and what you have already tried to address it.

Dale

I need to capture specific text off the page to allow for correct timing of my script. The only way I was able to get the program to work was the title window and the webpage listed in the address bar.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble