Start a program as a service and click button

Hi, I am totally new to the AutoIT product and need to ask a question. I need to be able to start a program as a service on Win2003 Server. That part seems to be no problem. In addition to that, this particular program when ran interactively, provides a 'Start' button within it's GUI which must be clicked to make the program functional. Is it possible to have AutoIT start a program as a service without it displaying it's GUI and still be able to have it CLICK the 'Start' button? (This 'Start' button has focus when the program is started so sending a 'Space' or 'Enter' should also work. If there is a simple example script someone could point me to it would be very much appreciated.

Hi, I am totally new to the AutoIT product and need to ask a question. I need to be able to start a program as a service on Win2003 Server. That part seems to be no problem. In addition to that, this particular program when ran interactively, provides a 'Start' button within it's GUI which must be clicked to make the program functional. Is it possible to have AutoIT start a program as a service without it displaying it's GUI and still be able to have it CLICK the 'Start' button? (This 'Start' button has focus when the program is started so sending a 'Space' or 'Enter' should also work. If there is a simple example script someone could point me to it would be very much appreciated.

Readup on Send, ControlSend and ControlClick in the help files, there are examples there as well

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

if you are not aware... there is an autoit program that grabs the name of the button ( or control ) and you can tell the ControlClick() or ControlSend() commands to that control...

its located in the autoit folfder and named AU3Info.exe

C: \ > Program Files > Autoit > AU3Info.exe...

or from your computer

Start > Programs > Autoit > Autoit Window Info

8)

NEWHeader1.png

if you are not aware... there is an autoit program that grabs the name of the button ( or control ) and you can tell the ControlClick() or ControlSend() commands to that control...

its located in the autoit folfder and named AU3Info.exe

C: \ > Program Files > Autoit > AU3Info.exe...

or from your computer

Start > Programs > Autoit > Autoit Window Info

8)

Yes, I found that earlier. Problem is though, when this particular GUI opens that has a button labeled 'Start', if I point the mouse at the 'Start' button then the Autoit Info Window shows the window title and a class of ThunderRT6FormDC. The 'Control Under Mouse' section reports no values. Obviously I don't know much about what I'm doing here. On top of that I'm just trying to make it work as a regular application running in the foreground. I haven't got a clue whether this can be made to work running as a service at system startup with no one logged in and no GUI being displayed in the foreground.

Mike