Alternative to DllStructGetData()

Dot access on dllstruct was added when the language reached certain point where fear of feature-abusing was completely removed by adding new type called Table.

In the meantime (after me leaving active development), the new type was removed. I was aware of different future scenarios so I never made dot access on dllstruct complete feature, for users not to take it for granted. If you look at the posted code here you'll see double brackets used for index variables. That means variables for indexes aren't allowed (only literals or rvalues).

Valik and I had agreement not to finish the implementation until <insult removed>.

trancexx,

Next time the whole post goes.

M23

Edited by Melba23

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Jon, would you mind talking to moderator Melba23 abut his (irrational) need to insinuate and accuse me about things I haven't said or done. He just removed part of my post in which I said that implementation wasn't finished until you weren't brought up to speed. I also said that the reason why that never happened was because of - in my opinion - among other things, back then you didn't care much for (my or whoever's) speed.

Is that an insult to you? Do you condone such moderation on the forum?

Please read his edit in my post. This is the same type of bullying another moderator was allowed to, and did to forum users, before you removed him. Things seem to go in circle.

I'm asking you this as former colleague.

Thank you in advance. :)

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

@trancexx

I personally do not think it was necessary to remove what you wrote, because it seems more like "joke"

For those who did not see what was written, here's a copy:

Dot access on dllstruct was added when the language reached certain point where fear of feature-abusing was completely removed by adding new type called Table.

In the meantime (after me leaving active development), the new type was removed. I was aware of different future scenarios so I never made dot access on dllstruct complete feature, for users not to take it for granted. If you look at the posted code here you'll see double brackets used for index variables. That means variables for indexes aren't allowed (only literals or rvalues).

Valik and I had agreement not to finish the implementation until (missing) Jon is brought up to speed, which never happened because Jon lived (or lives) in some world where time passes at different speed.

My browser records everything I visit during the last 48 hours!

@Melba23

Let's wait for Jon to read and in case he finds it necessary, take some action

JS

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

• Moderators

trancexx,

I have had enough of you and your permanent complaints about the development and moderation of this forum. As of now you are on permanent Moderator queue - post sensible comments about AutoIt and try, with your considerable talent, to help others here and the posts are allowed; post as you usually do and they are not. And I suggest that there are not too many of the latter.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

JScript,

Please stay out of this. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Administrators

Jon, would you mind talking to moderator Melba23 abut his (irrational) need to insinuate and accuse me about things I haven't said or done. He just removed part of my post in which I said that implementation wasn't finished until you weren't brought up to speed. I also said that the reason why that never happened was because of - in my opinion - among other things, back then you didn't care much for (my or whoever's) speed.

Is that an insult to you? Do you condone such moderation on the forum?

Please read his edit in my post. This is the same type of bullying another moderator was allowed to, and did to forum users, before you removed him. Things seem to go in circle.

I'm asking you this as former colleague.

Thank you in advance. :)

You know exactly what kind of reaction you will get from Melba23 when you insult me or the dev team. You know it, and you do it anyway. You might not have intended it as an explicit insult, maybe even a joke, or maybe just a thoughtless blunt statement of fact. But based on previous and repeated comments in the past that's pretty much the only way it will be read. And Melba23 has made it quite clear that he's not putting up with it anymore and I can understand that.

I've got a week or two of holiday and AutoIt dev time planned now and I'm not going to waste it on these distractions - that's why I'll personally tend to ignore these threads.