redirect file

Greeting,

I have an application APP.EXE will read ( and write) a file "c:program fileappapp.ini"

I am looking for a way:

once APP.EXE start let it read (and write) "c:program file (x86)appapp.ini" instead of "c:program fileappapp.ini"

can someone give me any idea, I think the code will running in memory.

thanks

learn

• Moderators

If the application is hard-coded to read from a specific ini, and (I am assuming since you're looking to alter it in memory) doesn't support updating that ini, why not contact the publisher rather than trying to circumvent the application? What is it your ini does that the original doesn't, or why can't you just add your new values to the existing ini?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If the application is hard-coded to read from a specific ini, and (I am assuming since you're looking to alter it in memory) doesn't support updating that ini, why not contact the publisher rather than trying to circumvent the application? What is it your ini does that the original doesn't, or why can't you just add your new values to the existing ini?

thanks for ask.

""c:program file (x86)appapp.ini" instead of "c:program fileappapp.ini""  just an example,

The reason is this file "App.ini" will be read(write) by multi-users, so if redirect works, then I will redirect to user's home drive like drive M: to avoid multi-user read(write) the same file

Thanks