USB 2.0 power on/off

Hi,

I have this fan for my laptop.

This use the 5volt of the USB2.0 port.

Now I want make a application with a button start and button stop.

If I press stop, the fan must stop, and if I press start the fan must start! :P

But is this possible to make this with AutoITscript? ;)

Greetz,

YoseMite

Now I want make a application with a button start and button stop.

If I press stop, the fan must stop, and if I press start the fan must start! :P

But is this possible to make this with AutoITscript? ;)

well, you can disable a usb host controller with windows device manager. This will also shut down the power supply for that port. If that works, you'll "just" have to figure out how to do it with AutoIT :mad2:

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

If disabling the host controller will cut power, then you can use the command line "devcon.exe disable [device parameters]" to disable from batch or autoit.

Very nice! A real "must have" tool.

I tested it, and it disables the USB port where my mouse is plugged in. HOWEVER, it does not shut down the power supply! So, unfortunately it is no help for the fan problem and I'm not even sure if it would be possible to shut down the power supply. @YoseMite: Try to google for that...

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *