Is there a style like "hidefocus" on button controls?

CatchFish

Is there a way to prevent focus marks showing on GUI buttons? Just like the buttons on the toolbar of Word Pad. When you click the PASTE button, it does not have a focus at all, does it? How can I implement this on button controls?

I've used some tricks to emulate it:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$MainWindow = GUICreate("Test", 403, 461, -1, -1)
$ButtonNew = GUICtrlCreateButton("N", 6, 5, 23, 22) ; Click this button...
$InputDummy = GUICtrlCreateInput("", -99, -99, 1, 1, $ES_READONLY)

While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
        Select
            Case $msg = $ButtonNew
                GUICtrlSetState($InputDummy, $GUI_FOCUS) ; ...will move focus to dummy input
            Case Else
            ;;;
        EndSelect
WEnd

But still an imperfection -- I do a click-n-drag on the button, and the focus is not moved! Besides, there's a heavy border left on the button even if a normal click is performed...So I'd prefer a REAL style of button controls which is similar to the "hidefocus" property of a web button. Any suggestions? Thanks.

(ps. I searched the forum and found a method to remove $WS_TABSTOP style of a button. Very useful, but not enough for a toolbar button... ;) )

I believe that toolbar buttons are implemented differently to your typical Windows button. Toolbar buttons are designed not to show a focus rectangle because (at least in my experience with standard toolbar buttons) they'll never receive keyboard focus anyway.

I have almost no experience with AutoIt GUIs but you may be able to achieve what you desire with some clever GUICtrlCreatePic() work and create your own custom-drawn 'button'. Since it wouldn't be a standard button you'd no longer need to worry about focus rectangles.