autoit script for autochanging background depending on week, w7x64

sexuio

sup , been some time guys, anyhow

so ive searched through the net for a solution to my request , but , apparently batch and powershell scripts cant achieve this so i hope autoit scripting can, i require a silent autoitscript for automatically setting a background at windows startup in windows desktop depending on week of the year , that being from week 1-52

all backgrounds are sorted into theyre respective week folder and the week subfolders are in a main folder called weeklybackgrounds which sits in the main root, accordingly like so >

c:

weeklybackgrounds >

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

.....and so on

i need the background images to apply depending on what week we have , say were in week 2 ..3.. or 50 , the script has to be able to check the date in windows and autoset the background on startup, mind you the backgrounds i use are actual .mpg/.wmv clips , yes i use dreamscene, but this little bit of extra info on what exactly kind of images or clips i use should be irrelevant , since the script should be able to set .mpg, .wmv , .jpg , .jpeg , .png , .bmp , files as background without a hitch anyhow

and the background files in the week folders are randomly named, thanks

Edited by sexuio

• Moderators

sexuio,

i require a silent autoitscript

We do not write scripts to order - we help you get your scripts working correctly. Think of the old saying: "Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; give a man a net and you feed him forever". We try to be net makers and repairers, not fishmongers. ;)

Please post again when you have at least some code - even if it does not work - and we will be glad to help. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I suggest looking up these functions:

_DateDayOfWeek

_FileListToArray

RegRead/RegWrite

First see if you can get the script to change the background on demand to a specific file, then expand it to remember the last used file and search the following one. Finally, put the script in your startup folder.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

guys , i understand the thing about fishmongers , but understand this i have 0 skillz when it comes to such things as code not to mention scripting in general , im a simple user , and really would appreciate the help here , i really really need this script , i dont know how else to ask short of begging for it, thanks in advance

Edited by sexuio

guys , i understand the thing about fishmongers , but understand this i have 0 skillz when it comes to such things as code not to mention scripting in general , im a simple user , and really would appreciate the help here , i really really need this script , i dont know how else to ask short of begging for it, thanks in advance

Everyone had 0 skills at first. Two choices: 1) learn, improve skills, improve curriculum, improve salary, decrease chances of Alzheimer, 2) google "rent a coder".

How do you "really really need" something that changes your background weekly? Just do it manually, it only takes 2 seconds...

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

well id rather have it autoswitch instead of having to do it manually, thats part of why scripts exist to automate tasks you should know this sadbunny ,

@choice 1

i learn but , i know my own limitations of complex subjects and im not great at it at all , i have no idea how learning coding would improve my salary , since my job has nothing to do with code , about alzheimer , well thats a lie cause if that where true id have alzheimer 10 years ago xD

@2 , yeah rent a coder , sure ... if id make that much

ive turned to the community for a helping hand not to be told to have to learn coding and scripting from scratch , which if i could learn so easily without investing years of time into i wouldntve put up this request thread , thats like telling a person that wants to use a pc to have to code his own OS in order to use it instead of getting linux or whatever , then users like me wouldnt be using pcs at all

Edited by sexuio

• Moderators

sexuio,

You have been a member here since November 2011 at which time you were asking for us to code a gamebot. As it seems you regard this forum as nothing more than a place for an occasional post to ask for others to code scripts for you (which as I explained above we do not) I wonder whether it is worth you remaining a member. ;)

Certainly there is no point in letting this thread run any further. so <click> © Jos. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area