Script Help, net send

M0stro

Earlier I posted, and got very good suggestions from one gentleman, but I was hoping to get more specific advice. I know realize my post was a bit vague. Here is my situation. Some days I have to reboot servers that are very important, and before I can reboot them I have to let everyone know at my location to log off of the database, or e-mail per se. Then I also have to let like 5 other locations know also. What I normally do is a net send to all domain computers from a local server, and from each remote server. I then send an e-mail to a distribution list that includes all office computers in the company. Then I call each location, and have someone announce the reboot. Well, this can become quite tedious. I have created a few scripts before, but I am by no means proficient with autoit, but I am thinking that maybe, with some help, I could create a script that would present itself to me first as a window in which I input the text of my net send message, and hit ok and it goes out on my local server. To make it work I could just call seperate scripts at each remote server. So, to start off I have to figure out how to create myseld a gui for the net send command where the message to be sent is dynamic, otherwise it would be a piece of cake. So, to start, I am stuck, and I need clues as to how I create a window that is labeled "NET SEND MESSAGE" that allows me to input my desired message and after hitting an "ok" button it transfers to the command line to do a net send. If someone would mention some functions I will do the footwork, just need clues as to where a good place to start is.

I think the first part of what I want to do lies with the function "InputBox" so I will start playing around there.

Here is your starter for 10

$message = INPUTBOX("Net Send Message", "Please type your message", "", "", -1, 120)

You should have just continued your earlier thread instead of starting a new one.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Earlier I posted, ....

.. and after hitting an "ok" button it transfers to the command line to do a net send. If someone would mention some functions I will do the footwork, just need clues as to where a good place to start is.

I think the command you are looking for is RUN in the help file (see the Remarks section).