Run problem

Zaum

I'm new to autoit3 and i'm starting a autoit3 program that will change your start button text.

I type in run("c\documents and settings\blahblah bal")

winwaitactive("Resource Hacker")

mouseclick("left", 33,32,1)

But when i press f5 to run the program, it just opens up a browse window.. What could be the problem?

Also what exact code would it be if i included reshacker in the folder and depending on where the user saves it , it would open the file from wherever it is. (Autoit scrip + Reshacker in same folder)

Thanks 4 the help.

I'm new to autoit3 and i'm starting a autoit3 program that will change your start button text.

I type in run("c\documents and settings\blahblah bal")

winwaitactive("Resource Hacker")

mouseclick("left", 33,32,1)

But when i press f5 to run the program, it just opens up a browse window.. What could be the problem?

Also what exact code would it be if i included reshacker in the folder and depending on where the user saves it , it would open the file from wherever it is. (Autoit scrip + Reshacker in same folder)

Thanks 4 the help.

few things... whenever you have spaces in a filename or path, it is a good idea to surround your string with single quotes. that way the double quotes are passed, and windows interprets the command as you intend. also, i'm not sure if you've changed start button text before, but it does require circumventing windows file protection, and a couple of reboots are necessary. there is a good guide for doing it manually at theeldergeek.com that could show you some of the things you're going to have to work around.

few things... whenever you have spaces in a filename or path, it is a good idea to surround your string with single quotes. that way the double quotes are passed, and windows interprets the command as you intend. also, i'm not sure if you've changed start button text before, but it does require circumventing windows file protection, and a couple of reboots are necessary. there is a good guide for doing it manually at theeldergeek.com that could show you some of the things you're going to have to work around.

Yeah i know how it works. I've done it to my computer multiple times. Although i might do the Display menu selece speed instead.

So what part do i put the quotes around.. the "Documents and settings" part right?

And how would i tell autoit to open up and exe if when they install the exe they don't install it on their desktop

Say the file is called blah.exe

They save blah.exe in their documents but the autoit script is on their desktop. I don't know they saved it in their documents folder. How would autoit execute it?

Thanks for the help with the quotes part.

Yeah i know how it works. I've done it to my computer multiple times. Although i might do the Display menu selece speed instead.

So what part do i put the quotes around.. the "Documents and settings" part right?

And how would i tell autoit to open up and exe if when they install the exe they don't install it on their desktop

Say the file is called blah.exe

They save blah.exe in their documents but the autoit script is on their desktop. I don't know they saved it in their documents folder. How would autoit execute it?

Thanks for the help with the quotes part.

just surround your whole string with single quotes:

"this is your string"

'"this is your string"'

that way the double quotes are now part of the string....

You could test for it in an expected location, and then prompt the user to locate the program themselves with FileOpenDialog() if it wasn't in the expected location.

You could use some of the INI...() methods to keep track of this new location across runs so that you don't have to ask them every time.

You appear to be attempting to automate Resource Hacker -- are you aware that it features automatable scripting capabilities of its own?