[WinXP] Run at next boot? Like chkdsk c: /f does?

No doubt this has to do with the registry. Can AutoIT be used to reproduce what chkdsk does by starting something like sysinternals command line based 'sdelete.exe' before the OS kicks in? At next boot the funky blue screen would show up with some seconds count down and then the program would run. I have Ultimatedefrag that allows for pre-OS defragging/optimizing that does the same thing. Before windows actually boots, a drive can be defragged/optimzed during that funky blue screen.

I'm having trouble getting rid of a 'log' file at shutdown. Seems the OS shuts down faster then the Autoit script I use to shutdown my OS and I get an error message that shows up and immediately dissappears. I've no idea what the problem is. Too fast to read.

So I was thinking, at shutdown, I could read the 'log' file size, determine it was too big, and then force (Via Registry) the OS at next boot to wipe and delete the file with something like 'sdelete.exe'. Surely there is a way to do this right?

Any suggestions appreiciated...

Thanks

Thanks for the replies folks. Too bad the answer was the difference between Run and RunWait. Embarrassing I tells ya.

Spider,

Thanks for the link. I've still an interest in all that. Having that bit of background info will help in future searches for more info.